• Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
What is Side by Side Insurance?
Side by side vehicles, or utility task vehicles (UTVs), are used for a variety of off-road purposes. They’re used as both recreational vehicles and practical ones, for going out into the wilderness and for getting work done outdoors. Whatever they’re used for, operating these vehicles comes with some inherent risk. Side by side insurance helps Vermont residents who own side by sides protect themselves from some of these risks.
Side by side insurance is a specialized form of off-road vehicle insurance that’s specifically designed for owners of side by side vehicles. Like auto insurance policies and other off-road vehicle policies, side by side policies typically offer several protections.
What Factors Affect Side By Side Policies’ Premiums?
As is the case with auto insurance, many factors influence how much side by side policies cost. A few of the considerations that affect how much riders must pay for coverage include:
- A rider’s driving record and age
- The year, make, and model of side by side vehicle
- How often a rider uses their side by side
- Where a rider takes their side by side
- Where the side by side is stored when it’s not in use
- The coverages, limits, and deductibles that a rider selects
Even though many factors influence how much side by side policies cost, riders are usually able to find a highly affordable policy that meets their needs.